Grandyoats has been inspiring authenticity through their products and their commitment to "living a natural, healthy, and intentional lifestyle" since 1979. Their positive impact extends from their solar-powered renovated schoolhouse in Maine to their local community and to the world with their dedication to sustainability and well-established program of giving back to non-profits. Their positive impact extends from their solar-powered, repurposed schoolhouse/bakery in their local Maine community, to the rest of the word with their dedication to sustainability and a unique program of giving back to non-profits.
Sahoja hopes these tasty recipes reposted from their blog will help you stay energized and motivated to spread kindness each and every day!
3 Perfect Breakfasts for the Morning Runner
By: Sarah Canney founder of Rise.Run.Retreat
You’re a sunrise chaser, a member of the early rise and run club. Up and out the door and back before most people are even out of bed. Those mind clearing morning miles are great, but what about breakfast? It can be hard to make sure you’re re-fueling your body and replenishing key nutrients after a morning run when you have a busy day ahead.
So we’ve put together three quick breakfast ideas that are easy to make ahead of time for a grab-and-go meal after your morning run. These breakfasts pack the nutritious punch every runner needs after a morning run to help replenish carbohydrates, protein and fat stores, plus they’re delicious!
Morning Buzz Muffins
Topped with Coconola Super Hemp Blend Granola, these banana muffins are the perfect pick-me up start to your day. Make these on the weekend and have enough to last you through the week (that is, if you resist the temptation to eat them while the fresh from the oven!).
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup Coconola Super Hemp Blend Grain-Free Granola
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas and combine egg, sugar and coconut oil. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in flour, Coconola, baking soda and salt, stirring until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and sprinkle Coconola on top.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.
Mason Jar Overnight Parfait
Breakfast taste better in a Mason Jar--at least we think so! This easy breakfast is quick to assemble the night before and ready to go by morning. Packed with protein it’s a great way to refuel after a morning run!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Coconola Grain-Free Coconut Granola
- 2 Tbs. nut butter
- 1 apple finely diced
- Dice apple and assemble ingredients in a mason jar alternating between yogurt, Coconola, drizzles of nut butter and chopped apple.
Honey Nut Crunch Protein Waffles
A little bit of Coconola Chocolate Chunk Granola crunch, a little bit of protein and a whole lot of flavor, these waffles are a hearty start to any day. We love ours slathered in nut butter with an egg on the side, for a power-packed breakfast that keeps you going all day.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup unflavored protein powder
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Coconola Grain-Free Chocolate Chunk Coconut Granola
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil or applesauce
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs. Honey
- In a large bowl combine eggs, honey and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in whole wheat flour, protein powder, salt, baking soda and Coconola. Stir to combine into a thick batter.
- Spoon batter into waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup or nut butter.
Sarah Canney is the founder and host of Rise.Run.Retreat. Sarah is an athlete, writer and full-time homeschooling mom with a passion running.
After battling an eating disorder for nearly ten years, Sarah found freedom and healing. Running proved a catalyst in her transformation as she learned to rewrite the negative narrative in her head and find a unique strength within herself. She turned her hobby into a full-time gig through her blog, RunFarGirl.com and has created an inspirational apparel line, Run Far Gear featuring some of her favorite running mantras. Sarah is also a RRCA and USATF Running Coach and since starting running has become a competitive mountain runner and member of the 2018 US National Snowshoe Running Team. Sarah's passion, however is bringing women together through running, which is how Rise.Run. Retreat was born. As the host, Sarah crafts a place for women to make connections, experience personal growth and ultimately be inspired through running. You can find more from Sarah on Instagram @runfargirl.
Sahoja is grateful that Grandyoats has joined our family of ethical brands. Please your order with us today!